20 May 2021
20 May 2021
Gone are the days where people only used WhatsApp just for communication with friends and family. Businesses are now using this popular instant messaging app to connect more personally and directly with their customers.
After all, with over 2 billion active users worldwide and 100 billion messages exchanged every year, WhatsApp is a great way to market your business.
But what if you want to send bulk WhatsApp messages to your customers? Do you have to do it manually? Is there a WhatsApp feature for this?
Well, you’re in luck because this is where WhatsApp’s broadcast feature comes in.
But what exactly is WhatsApp Broadcast and how does it work? 🤔 Continue reading this article as we answer questions you have about broadcasting!
WhatsApp Broadcast, or Broadcast Lists, is a feature that allows you to send a particular message to several contacts simultaneously. In other words, this feature allows you to send bulk WhatsApp messages. The broadcast message will appear to be an individual message from you and your recipients won’t be able to see other recipients of the broadcasted message.
💡 Do take note that WhatsApp Broadcast is different from a WhatsApp group.
Businesses use the broadcast feature for many different purposes, and here’s our list:
And many more!
While the WhatsApp Broadcast feature sounds like a dream, don’t rejoice just yet! To protect the experience and prevent spamming for WhatsApp users, there are certain limitations put in place.
You can’t send bulk WhatsApp messages to contacts who don’t have your contact number. Only those who have added you to their contacts will receive your broadcast message.
This can be a huge hurdle for some businesses because customers rarely save a business’ contact number.
Okay, let’s say all your customers have your contact number and you’re able to bypass the first limitation.
Here comes the second one. You can only send a broadcast message to a maximum of 256 recipients in each broadcast list. To broadcast to more than 256 contacts, you need to create another broadcast list.
Imagine having thousands of customers to reach out to, how many lists do you need to create? This just sounds like such a pain! 😩
You can’t integrate WhatsApp business with any other apps, which can slow down processes and productivity.
You’d have to manually record customer information and input them into your CRM systems. While that sounds manageable if you’re speaking to 1 or 2 customers, we don’t even want to think about how it’ll go down if you have over 50 chats. *shudders* 😰😰😰
WhatsApp message templates are specific message formats that businesses use when sending messages to their customers.
Here are some reasons why your templates may get rejected:
And the list goes on…
As you can see, there are several guidelines you have to follow to be able to submit your template for review. This can take anywhere from 1 to 3 business days to get your template approved.
Think about the amount of time wasted! Furthermore, it could be 1 to 3 days wasted if your template doesn’t get approved. 😥
With all these limitations, is there a way around it?
The answer is, yes of course! 🎉
For example, you can send bulk WhatsApp messages to all your contacts, regardless of whether they’re an existing or new contact. Simply upload a list of contacts, type in a message, and hit send!
You can even send personalized messages to each individual contact number by uploading a CSV. file with different messages tagged to each number.
Additionally, you don’t have to worry about whether your WhatsApp templates have to be pre-approved before being able to send them. 😉
🚨 However, do take note that you should always be ethical and refrain from spamming your customers. This will only reflect badly on your business.
1. To get started, create an account with NovoChat (for free) and set up your workspace by connecting your WhatsApp Business account. Import contacts to your workspace.
2. After importing all your contacts, navigate to ‘Broadcast’ on the left panel and hit the ‘New Broadcast’ button.
3. Fill in your broadcast name, schedule a time to send it, and the broadcast channel — In this case, select WhatsApp. Select ‘Send to existing recipient’ and type in your message. You can also insert placeholders to make the message more personalized! (If you’re sending to new recipients, jump to the next section).
4. Select from your list of WhatsApp contacts and click on ‘Continue’.
5. Double check to make sure that your messaging and contacts are accurate. Once that’s done, click on ‘Send Now’ to broadcast the message! If you’re not ready, simply click on ‘Save as Draft’ and come back to it later.
And that’s all the steps you need to take for broadcasting messages to your existing contacts!
The whole process is still similar, just that instead of selecting ‘Send to existing recipients’, you select ‘Send to new recipient’.
1. So once you’ve set up your NovoChat account and connected to WhatsApp Business, navigate to the Broadcast page and select ‘New Broadcast’.
2. Fill in the required fields and choose ‘Send to new recipient’.
3. Upload your CSV. file and follow our template of 'Phone' 'Message'.
4. Once you've uploaded your CSV., click 'Proceed'. You'll see a preview of the messages sent out to the recipients. Double-check and make sure that all the numbers and messages are correct.
Hit ‘Send Now’ to launch the broadcast campaign! If you're not ready, you can always save this as a draft and launch it at a later time.
And that’s how you can send bulk WhatsApp messages to existing and new contacts! 😉
👀 📹 Watch how to broadcast messages on WhatsApp!
We hope that this has given you a better understanding of what the WhatsApp Broadcast feature is and how you can use it for your business.
With WhatsApp Broadcast, this presents a new way for you to interact with your customers and surface new business opportunities.
Get started with NovoChat for free to see how this solution can benefit you! 😁
Communicate with your customers across multiple platforms on a single dashboard. No more toggling through different apps and missing conversations.
Copyright © 2021 Novochat. All Rights Reserved.